Wednesday 3 August 2011

The aftermath of trauma

Recently I was in the unfortunate situation when I was shunted from behind in my car coming off a motorway near to where I live by a man in a business car with trade insurance. Apart from the initial shock and delayed trauma it made me think about the whole concept of road accident collision scenarios and the rule of law that states that any rear shunt is attributable to the perpetrator behind the shunted car. It is unfortunate for the man behind, but my sense of justness would lead me to believe that maybe his perception of my driving off instead of stopping at the bottom of the motorway exit road was distinctly flawed by his position behind me.
In the 21st century there are still some people that rush from one appointment to another at breakneck speed as if there lives depended upon it, and the only question I can come up with is " why?" because point A and the destination point B are not going to change positions and the intent to rush like maniacs down a motorway would appear to be insane. Is it speed that is their fuel for adrenaline or the joy of speeding rapidly down these roads for a sense of excitement would again appear to be a flawed argument for doing so. As my friend in the car behind me on that fateful day reflects upon his behaviour, it must be a sobering thought for him to realise that even at low speed, his car came off worst in this scenario and for that I am truly sorry for him, however this is what life is all about, making wise or unwise decisions and for this unfortunate motorist, he can reflect on what was a very sad and stupid decision in retrospect which leaves him with being penalised by his insurance company and two rather less than perfect vehicles now needing repairs to both, causing unfortunate and in reality unnecessary inconvenience to both parties but then, that is what makes us all humans ......flawed judgement from time to time. C'est la vie !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment